Kelly’s Web Designs Blog Hints / Tips / Help
All the latest news and updates.
What’s the magic secret to getting to the top of Google? Okay so it’s not really a secret, I shout about it all the time!
A well optimised website and regular blog content!
If you want to see an impact quickly the more blogs per week you can do the better. Most of my clients either blog once a week or once a month. BUT whatever you decide to do you MUST stick to it. DON’T do a blog every day for two weeks and then not post again for 6 months. This isn’t going to help you get higher Google rankings. It’s about consistency where blogging is concerned. Blog more frequently and you will see result in Google more quickly – as long as you stick to your frequency!
Couple this regular blogging with a well optimised website and you are on your way to those top rankings.
Optmisation can be a bit harder to achieve, however there are lots of things you can do as a non-techie to help improve the optimsation of your website:
• Change your image file type to .webp
• Make sure that none of your images are wider than 350px
• Remove any social media feeds from your home page (links are find and encourage but don’t embed your feed into your home page)
• Remove any unnecessary “added elements” by this I mean any animations or sliders, anything that moves. Most of the time these elements are not integral to your business or website but are more of an added extra. Whilst they are nice to have the code need to make this happen will significantly slow your website down. Better to get people to your website because it is well optmised than have no visitors but a very snazzy website!
• Add a CND to your DNS – Cloudflare has a free option and is what I use.
Let me know!
Thank you for reading this week’s blog – What’s the magic secret to getting to the top of Google? Pop over to my Facebook group and let me know what you think of my magic secret!
Until next time, happiness is fleeting, strive for contentment. Gowns on!
Kelly (Your WordPress Queen) x
Kellys Web Designs - 07894 112 567
p.s If you haven’t joined my Facebook group – The Dressing Gown Guild, head on over for more business, web design tips and lots of fun.